The WrongTree Press Publishing Philosophy
At Castelane, we are authors too. After years of working with small publishers from the other side of the wall, we wanted to create a platform where authors and publishers work together to create something great. You’ve got the story, and you spilled a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get it written. We’ve got the publishing skills—from cover design to eBook layout to selling and marketing. One side of the equation is not worth more than the other. A book doesn’t happen without both the author and the publisher.
That’s why we want to be your partner. To that end, we promise a few things:
1. We never charge you any set up fees.
2. We split all royalties with you 50/50.
3. We will provide professional editing.
4. We will design a dynamic cover that will help your book stand out.
5. We maintain an active social media presence to promote your book.
6. We try to be as transparent as possible in all our policies and dealings.
7. We will provide 1 professional book video preview per series of books. This is something that other publishers don’t provide, but Castelane was built on video trailers and we know how important they are to your author platform. This may be a limited time offer, but we hope to provide this service free to our authors as long as possible.
8. Discounts on all other Castelane promotional services for our published authors.
What does all that mean?
It means that we don’t make any money until your book makes a certain number of sales, so we are committed to publishing top quality books and promoting them to the best of our abilities. You’ve put a lot of time into your book and you deserve to reap the rewards as much as we do. We understand that poor quality books garner bad reviews and we strive to avoid those whenever possible. We understand that books ARE judged by their covers and we’ll do everything to make yours stand out. We want to work with you to promote your book.
What we expect from you:
1. Top quality fiction.
2. The desire to work with an editor to make your prose sparkle. This is a diva-free zone. We want authors who are willing to collaborate to create the best possible fiction.
3. An online author platform (at a minimum a website and Facebook presence).
4. A desire to promote your book (through reviews, blog posts etc).
We don’t want to publish your book and then forget about it. We want to create a library of great reads and share them with a wide world. And we want you to be part of that promotion.
WrongTree Press is currently open to submissions. View our Submissions Guidelines.